Wednesday 8 September 2010

Life..

.. has seriously gotten in the way of poker recently! Hence no posts at all for over a year now.

Anyway, in order:
  • bought a house :)
  • moved jobs :)
  • became a daddy :)
  • made redundant :(
  • moved back to my old job :)

So poker has been on a serious back burner. However, I am hoping to change that over the next few months as everything has now settled down a bit. Been dabbling in Rush Poker on FT (I totally missed this as it went live during my hiatus) and it's great fun, also very handy for those in my position who don't often have the time to spend on tournaments. Not too sure how good it will be for the bankroll, results have been mixed but I am up slightly overall.

Am planning on playing the following Mini FTOPS events and will be trying to provide recaps on each one:

  • Event #10 Saturday Sep 11 $20 + $2 NL Hold'em Rush Turbo $150,000
  • Event #11 Sunday Sep 12 $12 + $1 NL Hold'em Knockout $200,000
  • Event #13 Sunday Sep 12 $30 + $3 NL Hold'em $400,000
  • Event #26 Friday Sep 17 $20 + $2 NL Hold'em 6 max Knockout $300,000
  • Event #32 Sunday Sep 19 $24 + $2 NL Hold'em 6 max Knockout $300,000
Total buy ins: $116

I may miss Event #10 as I have been invited to a home game that night - if so, will recap on that instead. The home game is probably more likely as it'd be nice to meet up with a few friends again and enjoy the social aspect of the game.


I will also be trying to live up to the intended use of this blog - playing some live poker at some local poker clubs. First visit will be to the main event in the upcoming series of poker at the Fortune Rooms. I've played there intermittently before with a few cashes but nothing major - hopefully that will change.


GL on the tables.

No comments: