Saturday 13 June 2009

25 K Final Table

Haven't played an awful lot since the last post, a few outings messing about at PL Omaha at the micro cash tables (finding more evidence that Russians are truly mental) until last night, when I fired up a couple of tournaments, one of which was the 25K on FTP. Although I typically ran awful in some of the smaller tournaments last night, I ran like Usain Bolt in the 25K itself and ended up like this:


Frustrating to final table it and be the first man out, but I had been short for a fair while. Can't complain about being fairly card dead towards the end after some suckouts in the first 2 hours - (88 > KK AIPF, AJ > KQ on a q high flop), but I did lose a fairly critical race with about 30 left which would have seen me take the chip lead at around 500K (QQ < AK \ AJ all in pre in a 3 handed pot). In hindsight, I probably played a little too tight, but anytime I tried to make a blind steal or a move on a pot, I was faced with insta-allins from at least 2 players. Maybe I was being too obvious, or maybe my timing just sucked. Meh.

Might try and squeeze in some of the MSOP events next weekend, and I've also satellited into the 5000 FTP freeroll on 21 June. Probably no more play until then though, and won't be playing live until next month at the earliest.

All the best,

PK